Tired of the gloomy weather dampening your work motivation? Consider planning a workation to a new, vibrant locale this winter. It’s a refreshing way to reignite your work enthusiasm while exploring a different part of the world. This guide will walk you through the key steps to ensure your workation is as productive as it is adventurous.
Research the Destination:
- Workation Spots: Check for destinations that lend themselves well for remote work at Worktravels.
- Cost of Living: Platforms like NomadList can provide a peek into the cost of living of certain destinations.
- Cultural Insight: Understanding the local culture of your workation spot helps you get along well with people and avoid misunderstandings. It can also make networking easier and your experience more enjoyable. It turns your workation from just a work change to a chance for new experiences and learning.
- Time Zone Tact: Ensure the time zone difference is no more than 8 hours to maintain a good communication rhythm with your team.
- Comfort and Proximity: Look for a comfortable stay that's in close proximity to a co-working space.
- Reliable Connectivity: Ensure your accommodation has reliable internet and a quiet space for work.
- Safety Check: Review the safety of the neighbourhood your accommodation is located in.
Handle the Logistics:
- Transportation Tune: Determine the best method of transportation - public transportation or renting your own car. Assess if you need an airport transfer.
- Visa Viability: Check VisaDB for the visa requirements for your destination and ensure your passport is up to date.
- Currency Familiarity: Familiarize yourself with the currency and have a reliable currency conversion app handy.
Plan for Productivity:
- Co-working Space: Reserve a spot in a well-equipped co-working space. Determine whether you need second screens and meeting rooms & calling booths.
- Tech Toolkit: Carry essential tech gadgets like a portable second screen and noise-cancelling headphones.
- Team Coordination: Discuss your workation schedule with your team to ensure seamless collaboration.
Integrate Local Experiences:
- Activity Agenda: Write down a list of things you’d like to do at the destination, like surfing classes, yoga courses, or a diving course and do some online research
- Community Connection: Determine to what extent you'd like to embed yourself in a community as working abroad alone for a long time can become lonely.
- Local Exploration: Schedule your work in a way that allows you to explore the locale during your free time.
Stay Safe and Healthy:
- Healthcare Proximity: Keep emergency contact numbers handy and know the location of the nearest healthcare facilities.
- Travel Advisory: Check if the country is safe to travel to and what risks to take into account. Dutch readers can use the website: Nederland Wereldwijd.
- Budget Blueprint: Draft a realistic budget considering the cost of living, co-working space fees, and leisure activities.
- Expense Tracking: Keep track of your expenses to avoid any financial hiccups.
- Emergency Fund: Have a financial cushion for emergencies or unexpected expenses.
The longer you plan to stay, the more crucial it is to get the details above right. A well-planned workation can provide an enriching blend of work and leisure in a new, refreshing environment.
At WorkTravels, we simplify this planning process for you. Our workation packages are designed to cater to all the aspects mentioned above, ensuring a hassle-free and enjoyable workation experience. With just a click, transition your work seamlessly to a serene and adventurous setting abroad. Explore our workation packages and discover the perfect blend of productivity and adventure!